Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Series: Women Living Well - Chapter 3

How Thirsty Am I?

I don't know about you, but as soon as I sit down for my quiet time, I am overwhelmed with things which need to be done or a phone call I need to take or make. Even my quiet time on the treadmill is often interrupted by several more minutes browsing on Facebook or reading through my blogs. I have found it is best to have my quiet time first before I get sucked into my social media or calls I need to return on my cell phone. Prayer is another thing which often gets interrupted by distractions or thoughts other than talking to God.


I like the idea which Courtney presents in this chapter regarding praying over your home as you do tasks around the home. It gives meaning to those tasks and gives you valuable time to pray for those loved ones in our homes. Each time I light my candle (we love to burn candles in our home), I pray for my husband, for help to be a good helpmeet to him, and for our home to be a blessing for those who come through our door.

Isaiah 40:
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

We are in safe hands when we trust our lives to God. He is our creator, but He wants to interact with us as individuals and help us in our times of need. Sometimes His way of helping is not immediately answering our prayers or sometimes He knows what we need is different and better than what we think we need. He wants us to trust Him and wait for Him to answer our prayers in His way and in His timing. If we will let Him, He will give us peace and strength during the waiting period. God wants His power to be seen when He makes us weak humans strong through Him. 

I love how God is patient with us. He gives us strength to endure even when we do not ask for it or deserve it by our lack of faith. The very definition of grace is getting something we don't deserve or can never earn through our good works. Even though God has proved Himself over and over in my life, I still find myself doubting when hard times come. God is always patient with me and helps me to not only overcome each hardship in my life, but to come out with my faith refined and a new understanding of who He is.

Marriage is teaching me so much about God's love for us. My husband is unfailing in his patience for me. Sometimes I can be so insecure and lacking in my trust of Him and God. He is so patient to love me and to point me towards God's goodness and faithfulness.

Isaiah 40:
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God promises He will renew our strength and give us the strength to live out our days when we place our hope in Him. In order to place our hope in God, we must spend time with Him and get to know Him through our quiet times. Our quiet times are not only important, they are vitally necessary to give us the strength to endure in this life and keep our hope securely placed in Him.

THINK ABOUT IT:
Which of these characteristics will you ask God to grant you as you wait on Him?

In Christ,
Arin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...