Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies have very quickly become one of my favorites when I want something sweet but not full indulgence. The ingredients include lots of healthy (and yummy!) alternatives to traditional cookie ingredients such as whole wheat flour and oats and flaxseed meal. It sounds a bit odd for a dessert, but trust me- they're delicious!
3/4 c. + 2 T old fashioned oats*
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. + 2 T. peanut butter
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. flax seed meal
2 T + 2 t water
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2-1 c. chocolate chips**
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
*I sometimes substitute half quick oats
** Try adding butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips. mmm!
1. Combine whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a second bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla, flaxseed meal and water until creamy. Mix in egg.
3. Gradually add in flour mixture. Then, add nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Spoon onto baking sheet in tablespoon portions. These don't rise much, so you can really fit a bunch on a single pan.
6. Bake at 350F for approximately 12 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Created To Be His
Visit the Reviving Homemaking Etsy Shop!
Follow Reviving Homemaking on Pinterest!