Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Question Friday





1. What do you give teachers for gifts?
   Teacher gifts aren't really apart of my gift list in my current season of life since we don't have children, much less children in school. I can't recall what gifts were given to my teachers when I was a kid. I've seen some fantastic ideas online though. I'm sure teachers really appreciate the little gifts from their students (or parents).

2. Do you text? One finger texter or total pro?

    I utilize text messaging quite a bit. To me, it's so much simpler when I need to communicate with someone but not a full conversation. With that said, I'm stuck on one style of composing a message. My current phone has a slide out full keyboard, and I need both thumbs to complete the message. I haven't quite gotten the hang of using the numerical buttons with alphabet options in texting. The idea of a touch screen keyboard is not even close to consideration. (I like things simple in life, even if that makes me a little behind in technology! haha)

3. Do you give back during the holidays? If so, in what way/which is your favorite charity?

    This year is our first year in which we actually get to enjoy the Christmas season (hooray, day shift scheduling!). So, I wanted to include activities that would highlight the season and not just the day. I also wanted the season to be one focused on giving and reaching out. My heart is for us to not just serve ourselves in attempting to create some kind of happy Christmas time or feeling, but to create that for others. The ideas I currently have include purchasing a gift for a child in need from an Angel Tree, doing some random acts of kindness activities, hosting a small gathering with friends we've met in our new town as well as hopefully our neighbors, and, of course, focusing more on each other than ourselves. 

4. If you would've been the sole winner of the 575+ million dollar Powerball jackpot, what would you have done with all that money?

     Donate it! Of course, there would be some basic needs that I would wish to take care of finally (debt, future modest home, car replacement etc). Beyond those concerns (which probably wouldn't make much of a dent in that kind of money), I'd donate it. I cannot fathom how I would require that kind of money to meet my living needs. My desire is to meet our basic needs in life and then use anything beyond that to blessing someone else. 

5. Will you please take just a moment to spread the word and pray about [this family]? There still is no news, and I can't imagine their pain and worry. Facebook prayer page: Prayers for Trista, Shy and Matt

     Clearly, this last question is more of a request by Five Crooked Halos. So, the links are included if you'd like to read about what has happened and include this family in your prayers.

How would you answer this week's Five Question Friday? Share your responses below! :)


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...