Monday, November 12, 2012

Menu Plan: Fall (Nov. 11-17)

      It's finally our first full week in our home, and my hubby and I are ready to get back to cooking some real food! This week we chose our main meat to be a pork tenderloin, which we will prepare in a few different ways for three meals (that's only $7 of meat to cover three meals!). We're also trying several new recipes this week that incorporate ingredients I've never worked with before. Wish me luck on getting to that artichoke heart! haha. Once again, I'm drawing from a few of my favorite online recipe resources: Eating Well, Clean Eating, and Whole Foods Market. If you haven't taken a moment to explore these sites, then be sure to do so because they have some excellent ideas*.
      At the bottom of the post you'll find a copy of the menu planning sheet I use each week. I've seen lots of different menu planning pages online, but none that quite fit my needs. So, I created my own. Note- even though I include the days of the week on my sheet I rarely stick to it exactly. I move meals around throughout the week to accommodate the days' schedule. I plan by putting meals in specific places simply for me to make sure I've got all eating occasions covered and won't have to make multiple trips to the grocery. If this also fits you/your family, then there is a link below the image to download a copy. 

Breakfasts
-Oat Bran Banana Muffins (Adjusted baking time and temperature to be appropriate for muffins instead of a loaf)
-Eggs, leftover muffins, smoothie cubes (fresh smoothies/juice make in the summer and stored frozen)
-Oatmeal with strawberries (using strawberries put up in the freezer when they were in season)
-Whole wheat pancakes (I recommend only 1 Tbsp. of batter each) with blueberry syrup (blueberries picked in season and stored in freezer)
-Breakfast quinoa (or oatmeal again)
-Eggs, oranges, yogurt with granola
-Sausage and gravy biscuits (whole wheat with flaxseed meal biscuits- yum!), oranges

Lunches
-Shephard's Pie (using leftover roast meat we had stored in the freezer)
-Canned soup (using up the packaged foods we had to get while traveling so much. Homemade is so much better. hehe)
-Tilapia with avocado citrus salsa (replacing the blood orange for a regular orange)
-Pork fried rice

Dinners
-Pork loin roast, butternut squash, collard greens
-Artichoke chicken with mushroom [+ grain] (1) we can't get kamut berries, so I'll be substituting another kind of grain 2) since this meal only calls for breast meat, I'll cut the thighs & legs off to be frozen for another meal and use the remaining body to make homemade stock for the freezer)
-Pork tacos with pico de gallo, black beans
-Okra and chickpea tagine (using okra we put up over the summer)
-Tortellini primavera (leftovers)


*Note: Reviving Homemaking is not affiliated with Clean Eating, Whole Foods Market, or Eating Well and was not asked to include or recommend them or their recipes in this post. (I simply like what they have to offer!)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...