Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?
I love our Christmas tree! When many aspects of Christmas dampen my spirts, the bright glow of lights and ornaments of memories hanging captures my heart as though I was still a child entranced by the wonder that was Christmas. I joke that our tree is decorated by a couple of five year olds for the brightly colored lights and ornament balls as well as the many goofy looking ornaments. I have many of my childhood ornaments, and so I suppose in a sense it was decorated by a five year old. I absolutely love it though. It's our tree..in our home..for our Christmas.

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?
I suppose I'm a middle of the road shopper. I prefer to have my Christmas savings completed by the conclusion of November and then shop the first week or two of December. I certainly don't touch any closer to the day than that! (Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a shopper, and so this shopping season really isn't my favorite? haha)
3. When do you turn on your heat?
Fortunately for where we live we can go without any heat or air during most day of the spring and fall. We'll wait as long as we can before turning on the heat. Doing so provides an excellent opportunity to take in the cool crisp air of fall.I love the coziness that accompanies cool weather.
4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?
     I work to publish only writing which would not ever produce embarrassment or shame. It is the medium of my exploration of life and homemaking. If my journey can be of meaning to anyone, then I'm pleased to have all content public.
     With that said, I must admit that I am not without fear of rejection. The blog contains writing on a subject matter that can be quickly mocked and criticized in certain audiences. In these instances, a piece of me wishes to make content private to avoid such responses. However, in doing so I acknowledge that I would be denying myself and that which I feel the Lord calling me to pursue. And so, I swallow my fear of rejection and type again with trust in the Lord who has lead me to this place.
5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?
 Well, isn't this a t.m.i. question?! haha. To answer the question (because I know others really want to know), I tend to do it afterwards. I'm always concerned that I'll get it all over the shirt and then not get it off in a timely manner if it do it before the shirt. haha..and now you know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...