Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Question Friday!


1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?
       Fabric! My creative self gets lost in the fabric/craft store far too easily! I always buy my fabric when it is on sale. However, this week I goofed in thinking that my selected fabric was on sale but it was not. 3 yards later..ouch. I thought about the mistake all the way home, but eventually turned that thinking into ways to get the best uses of the fabric. I'm now excited to get started on new projects (which of course will eventually be available in the RevivingHomemaking Etsy Store)!
 
2. What celeb chef would you want to make you dinner?
     I would like Ellie Krieger for how she focuses on balanced, fresh, and healthy meals. Yet, Alton Brown  would be amazing for the chemistry of nutrition class during the meal preparation! I love his show for how educational the episodes are regarding food. After so many years as a science major, I've discovered that my real love for the subject comes in applying it to food and nutrition.  
3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?
     Ah, confession- my closets are a bit embarrassing! When my husband and I married, we were faced the task of combining two complete households into one. It is no easy task, and we're still trying to figure out how to get things to fit seemlessly into our space. (Okay, I'll make another confession- my crafty things take up a ton of space so I'm totally guilty there).
4. Who is your oldest living family member?
I believe my great uncle (grandmother's brother) would be the eldest that I'm aware of currently.
 
5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo (ie: cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper)?
     I'll preface this answer with a little story. When I was younger there was a little convenient store across the street from my neighborhood. The neighborhood kids, myself included, loved to go there for candy or slushies. I have fond memories of giddily walking home with a slushy in one hand and a Ring Pop on the other! On hot summer days, a slushy just seems to be able to hit the spot every time. When I visit a Sonic now as an adult my order always includes a grape slush because with a sip a part of me travels back to the giggly walk with friends to that store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...