Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Question Friday

      My friend, Sarah, made a "Five Question Friday" post, and it looked so much fun that I had to join in!

Original source of the event: www.fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com

 
1. What movie do you love to quote?
      My absolute favorite movie is You've Got Mail. I frequently have many lines from it running through my head.
"... makes coffee nervous."
 
"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."
 
"People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened. ... Soon, it'll be just a memory. In fact, someone, some foolish person, will probably think it's a tribute ... the way it keeps changing on you, the way you can never count on it, or something. I know because that's the sort of thing I'm always saying. But the truth is... I'm heartbroken. I feel as if a part of me has died, ... and no one can ever make it right."

"What is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that. All that means is that it wasn't personal to you. But it was personal to me. It's personal to a lot of people. And what's so wrong with being personal, anyway?"

" ... when you finally have the pleasure of saying the thing you mean to say at the moment you mean to say it, remorse inevitably follows."
{This one is my favorite as it applies perfectly to those I've intereacted with through blogging!} "The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."
 
    More often, I'll audibly quote Friends. If you're a fan then only one quote is needed:
"PIVOOOTT!"
(I honestly have way too many favorites from the show to list!)
 
2. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
I have ridden a motorcycle, and it served the purpose of confirming that that was not a vehicle of choice for me. With each lean into the curve, I observed the proximity of myself to the road. The wind passing against me was indeed chilling, but not in the sense of temperature. Feeling completely unprotected was not freeing for me but terrifying. Vehicular accidents aren't impossible, and frankly I'd much prefer for some metal or plastic structure to take the hit first than my body.


3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Read. I love to bundle up to sit outside with a cup of cocoa in one hand and a book in another!

4. Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts, or one really big, (expensive) gift?
      I'm not a big gift kind of person. Believe it or not, my husband and I decided  our first year together to not exchange Christmas gifts between ourselves each year (and we still LOVE that!). Regardless of small or large gift, I always have such an awkward time accepting it. Did I react too much? Not enough? Argh.
      This is with the exception of the one gift that is very fitting for me- time. For me, nothing purchased from the store can equate to the same value of someone giving up their time and attention to devote to me. I don't mind if it's a bunch of small gifts of one's time or one really big chunk. The setting aside to make me feel special is what matters most to me.
     (Yes, I'm probably such a dreamer and perhaps the easiest person to "buy" for!)


5. Do you ever lose track of days and show up somewhere wrong?
    Oh dear, yeah I can be quite the scatterbrain! Without a plan or schedule in hand, I'm hopeless. haha. If I've got to keep up with several schedules at once (like I did when I juggled work, school, clinicals and home),  then it's quite possible for me to show up at the wrong time or the wrong place! (I'm so grateful to no longer have to be doing for four demanding things at once anymore! Phew, 'bout lost my mind!).
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...