Friday, July 6, 2012

Five Question Friday


Video Response: (my first video attempt- eek! ;))

Text Response:
1. Is love at 1st sight possible?
     I honestly don't believe it is possible. I think you can have an attraction and affection towards someone at first sight. As for love, I believe it to be so much deeper than that first sight moment. To me love develops from getting to know the individual and gaining a greater understanding and appreciation for the person's attributes. I also think about the characteristics of love being patience, forgiveness, kindness,  not being boastful, envious, or self-seeking and so many others (1 Cor. 13:4-7). It's an effort to practice those characteristics daily. When that effort is mindfully put forth it produces a kind of love that is deep and genuine. That's the kind of love that I've enjoyed far more so than any "love at first sight." I favor that strong bond of understanding and work between two people. 

2. How did you choose your pet's name?
     We don't have a pet, but we joke about what we'd name one if we did. If it was a male boxer (they're my favorite breed) it'd be Bowser, and a female would be Karma. The story behind the first name is that my husband and I were walking in the park one day and there were some small breed dogs out as well. They were the kind that would wear clothes, have bows, be carried in a bag etc. I'm more of a large breed dog fan, and so I stated that if I had a dog it would be a beast and something fierce. I'd give it a fitting name like Bowser. Now, you may recognize where that name came from. Yep, when needing some fierce name my mind went to Bowser from...Super Nintendo. haha. Needless to say I'm not the most intense person. The second name of Karma for a female is...well, think on it for a minute. It may not be appreciated by all, but I think it's pretty funny. (By the way, who knows what in the world we'd actually name a dog if we ever got one! It makes a pretty good story and joke for the time being though. haha). 

3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)?
     Well, we don't have cable or home phone service so check mark next to these options. My husband and I each have cell phones, so it seems a little redundant to pay for the same service again for a home line. We started out with cable, but before even a year with it we decided to cancel it. We found that cable was expensive, limited in the programming available to us in the package deal, and could be a distraction to our marriage. We would just sit and stare at the screen when together and then later conversation would center around what we saw on tv recently. Now, we get a little more creative in finding ways to spend quality time interacting- games, cooking, walks etc.      Okay, back to the question. We've considered giving up one of our vehicles which would mean we'd share a car. There are pros and cons to doing this and we haven't reached a conclusion yet. We've simply acknowledge the suggestion and determined a later date to reevaluate and reconsider. We'll see when that time comes. 


4. How much do you pay your babysitter?
     Nothing! Not a single dime! That's because we don't have kiddos to need a babysitter. I imagine though that my pay scale would be based on effort. If the sitter and children are simply watching movies/tv, on the computer, or on the phone then I'd probably only offer minimum wage for this kind of passive presence. However, if the sitter were to demonstrate effort to engage the children in activities and whatnot throughout the day then I'd certainly be willing to compensate more for such attentiveness. Like I said, we currently don't have kiddos so we'll see what happens in the future here. 
5. How "young" is old enough to babysit?

       I'm going to have to do a projected answer for this question as well. I think it would really depend on the maturity of the sitter and the length of time needed. If it were a couple of hours enough for my husband and I to have a date night then I'd probably be okay with someone young. I'm drawing on my closest reference being my thirteen year old niece who I think I could trust in that position. However, if the job was for a larger portion of the day or several days a week then I'd probably prefer someone a little older who can handle additional responsibility of behavior- good/bad, directing the day's activities, responding to an emergency appropriately if need be etc. Again, we'll see when that time comes. 

How would you answer today's Five Question Friday? Share in the comment section below!

Linked to: My Little Life
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...