Saturday, July 28, 2012

Etsy Shop Update & Five Question Friday

       Thank you to everyone who spreads the word or purchases from my Etsy shop! I appreciate each effort made in support of this homemaking endeavor! I'm continuously brainstorming, learning, and working on adding new products to the shop. If you have any special requests, then please don't hesitate to contact me  with your idea. Currently, I'm going to need a little more time with orders, and so any orders placed between July 28- Aug. 1 will be processed and shipped by Aug. 2. Thank you for your patience and continued encouragement! 

And now for the Five Question Friday...on Saturday. haha


1. What is the funniest thing you saw on Facebook/twitter this week?
I saw a comic in which the teacher initially wrote on the board, "Welcome back to school, students." The students look puzzled. Then, the teacher says, "Oh sorry kids. I forgot" and writes beneath with "WB 2 skool stdnts." To another individual the teacher states, "They spent an entire summer texting. It takes a while to wean them." I thought it was pretty funny. I see kids writing in texting shorthand all the time, so I bet teachers really have to struggle with it.
 I would love to post the comic itself, but there is no source provide. If you know, then please share! :)
2. What is your favorite Olympic event?
The Olympics are a great time to watch some of the lesser known sports. I could pretty much watch any Olympic game with excitement (which is pretty big considering sports generally don't thrill me at all!). It's all in the fun of the event, right?
3. Do your kids to chores around the house? If so, what are they and how old are the children? Do they get paid for them?
Well, we don't have kiddos but hubby and I have discussed this matter before. We absolutely believe that our kiddos should have age-appropriate responsibilities around the home as soon as they are able. When it comes to payment, we don't want to have them think that every effort in life is rewarded and therefore the motivation should derive from the promise of a reward. On the other hand, we also wish to teach them personal responsibility in money management. So far, the greatest balance I've found for achieving both goals is to establish a set of expected responsibilities, and then offer a payment amount for extra effort in an the completion of an additional task. I like the idea of attaching a dollar value to each task and allowing the child to choose which task for how much he/she is willing to accept. I've seen lots of fun ideas on Pinterest for this area of child rearing. However, we'll see what happens when we actually have children! haha

4. If you get bad service/food do you complain or keep quiet?
I typically keep quiet unless there was some major violation involving the safety of my food. Pick and choose your battles. If there is no great significance, then I prefer to leave things alone and just move on myself. I've been on the serving side, and understand there is a lot more to a person or service than what may be visible. Moreover, my husband and I feel, as Christians, that we ought to really display a grace-giving and loving attitude towards others regardless of how we've been treated. So, even if we've received rushed service or a less than enthused spirit from our server, we continue to strive to show kindness (in fact, show it even more). I love the phrase, "kill 'em with kindness" because often that extra dose will do wonders. So, I encourage you to remember to offer grace and love to everyone in every situation because you may be the   Christian representative that draws a person to or pushes him/her away from Christ based on your behavior. :)

5. If you could pick ONE frivolous item for your home, what would it be? (massive room sized closet? swimming pool? greenhouse? etc...)
Hobby room! I think my husband and I could both use a hobby room. We have several hobbies and future business ideas that would fill an extra space quite well. (Actually, our current extra room doubles as a guest room and hobby room for my Etsy shop. We won't always have this space available for such purposes, but we certainly enjoy it for the time being!) 

How would you answer today's Five Question Friday? Share in the comment section below!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...