Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Single Serving Frozen Banana Treat


     I love ice cream.There was a time when I had a constant stock of ice cream in my freezer and delighted in it daily. But then I had to reconsider the cost and nutrition in ice cream. To my surprise I've discovered that bananas actually make a pretty tasty alternative.


     The recipe is quite simple. I just sliced one banana thinly and placed in the freezer until frozen. Then, I blended them with the immersion blender until creamy and smooth. You could eat it as is, or get creative with adding other flavors. I really enjoyed peanut butter and chocolate. Other flavors that pair well with banana include: caramel, cherries, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, ginger, hazelnut, honey, mango, molasses, papaya, and peanuts. I foresee another serving one afternoon with some coffee! Or perhaps dark chocolate chips! Mmm!


      Although I still love traditional ice cream, I can definitely go for a daily dose of this alternate version. After all, it's completely cost effective and nutritious! Two things I really enjoy in food, most of all in desserts! 


Linked up at: Thankful Homemaker, Women Living Well, Time-Warp Wife, Growing Home, Far Above Rubies, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...