1. Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?We don't have kiddos yet, so this question doesn't apply. However, I've read that it's better to just ensure they try everything they are offered. Also, they're more successful at finishing many mini meals during the day than clearing the plate of three larger meals. But, like I said we currently don't have kiddos so this is just what I've read. I'm sure experience will trump reading when that time comes.
2. Do you give an allowance?This question also doesn't necessarily apply. In theory though it's a toss up. On one hand I can't fathom why I would just give kiddos money without them having earned it. On the other hand I wouldn't want them to always have the willingness to work be motivated by reward because sometimes you just need to get the task accomplished regardless of payoff. I suppose we'll figure that all out as well whenever it comes time for kiddos to enter the picture.
3. Do you actually park your car in the garage?We currently live in an apartment, and so the cars stay parked outside. However, there are garages available to rent that some individuals do use to park their vehicles, which is kind of amusing because cars residing outside typically comes with the apartment living package.
4. What is one food you will NEVER cook?Hamburger Helper, instant potatoes, any meat or meal that you just have to remove the cover and warm in the oven. etc. etc. I've had my fill and have sworn that they will never enter my home. (Plus, I've made the real deal of many quick fix meals and they just don't compare well; homemade is by far superior). But, that's just me and how I run my home. To each his own.
5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?We'll probably be taking a couple of trips to see my in-law family. I always look forward to the trips because for my hubby and I get to spend those 10 hours in the car chatting and whatnot. I also have a pretty good relationship with that side of the family, which always makes visits nice. We have a new little neice arriving in July, so that will be quite exciting. Can't wait to hold her!
Hopefully we'll get in a few staycations. I don't need a vacation trip, I just need time together as a family (- the two of us) even if that's just us being at home. Beyond that, we'll have to wait and see what will come up over the summer.
How would you answer today's Five Question Friday? Share in the comment section below!
Linked up at: My Little Life
Visit the Reviving Homemaking Etsy Shop!