Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks



This baby deep inside of me, ever so small, is a child of God. A child that God gave to me to take care of whether for a day or for years. That care began at conception. Whether he or she lives or dies each day I am with him or her is a gift and has a purpose with eternal consequences. My baby is now a part of my life, my testimony. -Brenda Rodgers, "New Rules for Announcing a Pregnancy"

How far along: 30 weeks! 

"
growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now.-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition

Baby size:  "... weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). .-What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition 

Gender: We'll find out when he/she arrives in March!

As I was walking into a building one day, a random lady stopped me to chat about the baby. She insisted it is a boy. It was kind of an odd but funny moment. So far, zero predictions for the baby being a girl. Haha. 

Belly: I love this little big baby belly!  It and the baby are rapidly growing! It still cracks me up to look down to see the interesting formations my belly takes as he/she moves. He/she usually likes to stick to one side which gives the belly a rather wop-sided appearance. On occasion, he/she will lay perfectly sideways and my belly looks just like I swallowed a dumb-bell! haha!
 
Sleep: Sleep is ... well, it is what it is. I'm so thankful for the ability to rest or nap during the day! Even with a nap I still crash at only 7 pm! Haha 

Clothes
This baby and belly are growing fast! Maternity clothes are a necessity. I actually braved the holiday shopping madness to pick up a few new pieces. I had an offer for a $50 restaurant card with any purchase from a maternity store, and so I decided that was worth browsing the sale rack. It was well worth the holiday traffic adventure! I have a few new cute pieces and we have $50 to eat out on while traveling soon. 

Movement: I've been doing so much better at incorporating the Bradley Method exercises and walking into my days. There is still plenty more room for greater discipline, but I am making progress! I know how valuable the benefits are now and will be later for the baby and I. Now that delivery is getting closer quicker, practicing healthy habits like exercising has become even more important to me. I'm rather proud of myself! It also helps that hubby has been able to rejoin me in the effort now that the busiest time at his job is over. He's even braved the freezing cold to join me on brief walks each day. Going for walks when the "feels like" temperature is in the single digits is the mark of an awesome husband and Pop-to-be!

Baby Movement- It amazes me how much this baby moves! He/she is quite an active one! He/she wiggles and kicks constantly. It's also amazing how such a little being can kick so hard sometimes! I rather wonder what he/she is doing in there! It's still incredible to feel. It's also incredible to watch! It's rather entertaining to just watch him/her moving and kicking all around my belly. Our midwife even commented on how active the baby was at our last appointment!

Food aversions: I don't think there are any anymore. Anything and everything sounds and tastes fantastic. 

Food cravings: Anything! Haha, appetite has definitely kicked up recently! I'm pretty much enjoying anything and everything nowadays. My Bradley Method nutrition log is stunning some days! haha! I still have a immense love for citrus. A day without a grapefruit or something just wouldn't be complete. We checked out at the grocery on one occasion and noticed I had an entire bag of just pineapple, oranges, and grapefruit. The pineapple didn't even last more than two days! Haha! I suppose there are worse things to "crave" during pregnancy! At least citrus is a good source of vitamin C for the winter time!

What I'm excited about: I love looking down this growing baby belly and feeling him/her there! It still astonishes me that we will have a little child in only a few months. I am still just so excited to watch him/her grow and discover the person he/she will be. The weeks are going by so fast!

Midwife appointments are being scheduled at only two weeks apart now! I've continued to be impressed with the midwife team and hospital we've chosen. I'm so very grateful for a team and facility that is so supportive and respectful of our wishes! They really have been amazing thus far. 

Now that we're getting much closer to the due date, I'm really feeling some urgency for getting things in order. There are a handful of sewing projects that remain (Boppy cover, changing pad, diaper bag etc). I also need to start getting together items needed for delivery or postpartum care. And, of course, we will need to make a final (well, and also first) shopping trip to get items the baby will need. Lots to do yet, but very exciting!

We're planning a trip to spend time with our extended family and friends soon, which is always a joy. I'm excited to get to be with everyone and celebrate the upcoming arrival of this little baby soon!
Comparison Pictures:
Linked up at: 
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record, I craved citrus with Aubree...I'll still vote for a girl (so you have one :)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this update! You look so beautiful in your photo; you really are one of those women who "pulls off" pregnancy. Great that you were able to get some new maternity pieces. I think it is important to feel nice when everything in your body is going so bonkers, and maternity clothes definitely help with that. Just 25% more to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...