Monday, December 9, 2013

Menu Plan: Fall (Dec. 8-14)




      There is now a photo album on the RH Facebook page just for food photos. If you like to see a photo of a dish to judge whether you want to try it or not, then follow the link to view the album. (I tend to like recipes & cookbooks that include lots of photos). Let's be honest, some dishes are just too pretty to not take a picture! ;) 

      I've also started pinning lots of recipes we use onto a "Food" Pinterest board. Many of the recipes listed below can be found there as well. 

Strategies

  • We began by reviewing several of our previous fall menu plans for ideas. I like to keep my menu plans because they provide a great resource for meal ideas that are seasonal and cost-effective. In the front section of my recipe notebook, I have a section labeled "planning" and this is where all my previous menu plans are stored. Keep it simple! 


OUR MENU PLAN FOR THIS WEEK

*Note: I include links to the recipes if they are available online. Some recipes are from cookbooks we have at home, and while I can't share the recipe I can direct you to the source. Other dishes or meals are created by myself or my husband, and we can do our best to explain how to recreate it. If you'd like additional information on any of the meals or our menu planning, then please feel free to contact me. :) 

Breakfasts
- Blueberry Cornmeal pancakes, fresh squeezed orange juice
Granola cereal with milk, grapefruit
Cottage cheese parfait (cottage cheese, mixed berries, granola)
- Apple-cinnamon oatmeal (oatmeal cooked with diced apples, topped with cinnamon and toasted chopped walnuts)
Granola cereal, yogurt with bananas and blueberries
- Eggs, bacon, biscuit/toast

Lunches
- Broccoli & Tortellini Salad Pesto (I already have pesto, so I'm skipping the homemade pesto portion of this recipe)
- Fish tacos (with homemade tortillas), sweet potato chips/fries
- Repeat Chicken stew with turnips, mushrooms and greens (collard) (I like to add some sort of leafy green to the stew)
- Repeat beans & cornbread 

Dinners
- Cheese fondue (with sausage, broccoli and homemade bread pieces)
- BBQ chicken, corn on the cob and slaw
- Beans & cornbread
Repeat Chicken stew with turnips, mushrooms and greens (collard) 
- Tomato & olive pizza (I'm using assorted olives instead of just black olives)

Snacks
- apple & peanut butter
- cheese slices & whole wheat crackers (still determining a recipe for ww crackers)
- carrot & celery sticks with hummus
- hummus and ww crackers
- hardboiled egg & pickle (my weirdo pregnancy snack)
- cheese slices and pretzels
- banana & peanut butter
- oranges and/or grapefruit
- almonds
- popcorn
etc. 


*Note: Reviving Homemaking is not affiliated with any of the sites or companies included in the links, and was not asked to include or recommend them or their recipes in this post. (I simply like what they have to offer!)

What's on your family's menu plan this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...