Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Question Friday



1. What have you done recently that you are proud of?
      I must say that I'm proud to finally be better managing my home. It's a surprising amount of work to be thinking ahead when you need homemade bread, dry beans to soak or any other form of prep needed to make homemade meals. It's also a challenge to really get into a routine of tidying, cleaning, and laundering in small bits each day instead of having a mass weekend clean. It is much simpler and manageable to maintain the home when there is a scheduling or routine aspect to homemaking. It's nice to be heading into the weekend with the hubby with everything caught up so that we can spend more time together. 

2. What is your favorite way to work out? Or if you don't workout, what are you wanting to try?
    Perhaps after this big birthday month, my exercise should be any activity that isn't shoving sugary cake into my mouth daily. haha. 
    Actually, in an ideal time my exercise would still be tennis. I love it now that life is more settled than when I played on teams. However, I no longer have the skills to match. I still have my rackets and court shoes for "one day." haha.
    I've always admired runners, and last spring and summer I attempted to do a "Couch to 5K" training. I spent weeks just getting through the first week and still felt like I was going to pass out! I'm also the most awkward runner. My nickname as a kid was "stick that walks," and it still applies now. A stick running = not a pretty sight. haha. Again, in an ideal time I'll come to call running my exercise. Currently, not so much.
    Finally, I have some pilates dvds that I have done and like pretty well. It's more comforting when you're not athletic to exercise in the privacy of your own home. Stretching is definitely more of my speed, and well I feel more beneficial for my form. hah.

3. If you knew your best friend was cheating on his/her spouse would you tell?
      Well, isn't this a nasty question. I'm going to pass in answering this question simply because I prefer to not acknowledge this matter in general. I choose to focus my energy on marriage being of unity and oneness, and nothing else. Yes, it's out there. However, I refuse to permit any notion of marriage beyond that which was intended by God. In a nutshell...next question..

4. If you could afford a live-in maid or nanny, would you have one?
     I can't imagine myself hiring a maid or nanny regardless of live-in or affordability. I take pride in assuming those roles as a homemaker. It is a joy to care for my home (and perhaps one day my children). 

5. Do you stress out about birthdays (specifically the age) or do you enjoy them?
      I had never approached a birthday with any negative feelings...until this year. Confession- this year hit me as being one year older and yet not any closer to the place I had thought I'd be at this age. I'm still aware of my youth, but for some reason I'm also more aware of time ticking (or at least the clock). It's all in God's hands ultimately, but this additional year tests that trust. (My life verse this year has quickly become Rom. 8:28) 

What about you? How would you answer these five questions?

-----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...