Saturday, December 22, 2012

Five Question Friday (12/21/12)




 Vlog Format:


  
Text Format:
 This week there aren't any new questions, so I thought we'd go back to the questions from last week since I didn't do a 5QF post last week. Either way, it's five questions! If you enjoy these posts, then join in! Leave your responses in the comment section on the blog page or the Facebook page. Just have fun with it. :)

1. If you bake during the holidays, what is your favorite thing to make?
     I love baking during the holidays. This year I want to make every cookie there is! I could probably eat them all too! I found a new cookie recipe that I'm excited to try. It's a shortbread cookie that is topped with caramel, sprinkled with salt and drizzled with chocolate. We've learned how to make homemade caramel and chocolate sauce, and expect that they will only make the cookies so much better. I'm sure we'll make a bunch of other ones as well. We'll probably end up with way more than we can should eat, but we'll give it our best. ;)

2. Present giving: gift bag or wrapped box?
     I really enjoy gift wrapped presents. To me it's so much more exciting to tear open the wrapping and getting into the box versus simply lifting out tissue from a bag. 
     Side story that makes me smile- Growing up my mother would use any box she could find and repurpose it for gift wrapping. We'd tear open the paper to discover a box of...cereal. Inside the box, of course, was the actual gift (not cereal). We'd give her a hard time and joke around when we unwrapped the box to find it was from the pantry. (Mom- yeah, secretly we enjoyed it. It was those kinds of fun and simple things that made Christmas "good.")

3. What do you keep your thermostat on during the summer and winter?
     We keep ours set at 80˚F in the summer and 70˚F. Those are the limits that we can still be comfortable and save on energy costs.

4. When thinking of your Christmas To Do list what percentage done are you?
      The biggest item on my To Do list was getting all the gifts completed and shipped in time. Since we'll be away from family now during the holidays, I had to make sure I had everything done sooner than I usually do. Now that the gift aspect of the holiday is finished for us, I'm relaxed and enjoying the Christmas Countdown that my husband and I have been doing this year. Although some of the countdown activities have required some planning and preparation, they've been so fun and so haven't felt like a To Do list task to complete. 

5. Do you do the "Elf on the Shelf?" If so, is your Elf naughty and what shenanigans has he gotten into?
     Well, considering it is just my husband and I currently it would probably be crossing a line for me to do Elf on the Shelf for him. haha! I've seen so many creative and fun ideas for the activity, and would probably want to incorporate that into our Christmas celebration in the future when there are kiddos. I probably wouldn't want to use it in a disciplinary manner though (ex: Santa- be good or else there won't be presents & Elf- he's watching and will report back to Santa so be good). Somewhere there is a balance in blending fantasy and fun. I imagine that's a tricky thing to do with Christmas elements like Santa and Elf on the Shelf. We'll see what happens when I actually get to that point in life. haha. I do think it's cute though. 


How would you answer today's Five Question Friday? Share in the comment section below!


Have a great weekend! :)

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


1 comment:

  1. These are always so fun!

    1. Uh, I love baking during the holidays. Absotively posolutely, love it! Although, I don't really have a favorite. I just love trying new things, or anything that looks too delicious to pass up!

    2. I agree with you, gift wrap all the way! I much, much prefer gift wrap...I love the way it looks, and I do think it's more fun to tear through it on Christmas day. Your story about your mom was so awesome because my mom used to do it too! We'd open a box and be like, "Yay? A toaster?!" I may or may not be guilty of doing the same thing these days!

    3. Geez, our answers here are super different! For the summer we would like to keep it around 70 ish. So far this winter I have kept the temperature at 55 degrees. But after the snow we got the other day bumped it to 60!

    4. Uh...I'm probably 50% (maybe more) done. I am hoping to get that other 50% or so done today. Wish me luck!

    5. I think my husband may question my sanity if I did Elf on the shelf for him! It does seem like such a cute activity, and I've seen some great ideas on pinterest. However, like you mentioned I'd do it more for fun for my kids, than having them think the Elf is a secret spy or something!

    Thanks for sharing, I definitely had fun answering these questions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...