I try to stick to foods being as natural and from the source as possible. When it comes to desserts I'm trying to explore more fruit based or natural sweetner based recipes. However, this one begged to be made (I blame that sweet tooth I inherited!). They are absolutely delicious! Enjoy :)
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/4 c + 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 c. + 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. soymilk
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
3 tbsp. pecans, finely chopped
7 oz. chocolate candy coating
1. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl on medium speed. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
2. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
3. Form dough into small (1" or smaller) balls and place on a baking sheet. Place sheet into freezer for 30 minutes to allow dough to become firm.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave according to package directions. Roll each ball in chocolate to coat.
5. Chill until set. Store in airtight container for up to one week.
Adapted from: http://gimmesomeoven.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles/