Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gaining Trust in the Little Things Prior to More

     I love the moments in which our deepest cries are answered in the whisper of scripture or even a song lyric. As I cried out to the Lord of my situation, Luke 16:10 resounded in my being. It says, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." I couldn't help but tilt my head in confusion as I responded, "But Lord, I understood Luke to be speaking of monetary wealth. What does money have to do with my plea tonight?" He then revealed to me, "I have already given you great wealth. Be a wise steward of all."
     How am I spending my wealth found in home and family? For my husband and I, the calling to these entities has meant sacrificing a two-income lifestyle. Some adjustments have been easier than others. The greatest struggle, however,  has been the use of my time. I am reminded tonight to truly examine my use of the wealth given to me. Am I being truthful in my stewardship? For instance, am I rising early to carry out the day with purpose in mind? Or, am I rising late and prone to laziness towards tasks? I am reminded of the Proverbs 31 woman. Verse 27 says, "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." To take the wealth the Lord has blessed us with and then use it carelessly is, indeed, dishonesty in our stewardship. It is as though we are repurposing blessings to meet our own agendas or desires.
     There are so many areas of life in which we feel correct in crying out for more, but we must stop to examine ourselves to really see the truthfulness of our readiness. I must first learn to be a wise steward of the "little" I have already been trusted with before I can be trusted with more.  I can rest assure that right in this moment the Lord is a work within me, and in that I can be utmost satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...