Monday, September 19, 2011

In God's Heart I Am...

     On a small notecard attached to a simple necklace is the message:

"In God's heart I am...
Created. 'I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.' -Psalm 119:14
Chosen. 'The Lord has chosen you to be His treasured possession.' -Deuteronomy 14:2
Celebrated. 'He will take great delight in you ... He will rejoice over you with singing.' -Zephaniah 3:17
Cherished. 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.' -Jeremiah 31:13"

     How often do we struggle with who we are in light of who He is? For me, it is often. The familiar prayer flows so frequently off my tongue that it seems more like it simply lingers. My heart cries out, "Lord, help me to see what you see."
     


       Whole. Redeemed. Secure. Strong. Forgiven. Called. Known. Treasured. Desired. Beautiful. Chosen. Created. Accepted. Unique. Creative. Heard. Saved. His. etc etc. Where are these words when I think upon myself? I come up bankrupt time and time again. I know these terms in my head but they are strangers in my heart.
      In the video, the daughter is clothed in these words, and thus in their meanings. With them, she runs free. I imagine myself doing such for any child I may (Lord willing) ever come to mother. However, this is a foolish hope if I have yet to believe them within myself. Likewise, it is a foolish hope to aspire to present my husband a beautiful wife inside and out if I have yet to believe in those qualities within myself as well.
      Scripture contains many descriptors of who we are in God's heart. Can I trust God that he created me to be chosen, celebrated and cherished among other things? It is certainly a journey. And so, here is my answer to that final question and my greatest personal struggle..
       "In God's heart I am.... wanted."

What about you? "In God's heart you are {your turn}."
-----------------------------------------------
Additional Reading:

Necklace message from God's Heart for You Collection also available at Dayspring

******************************************

    

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, I can relate, I forget that in God's heart I am loved! He loves me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW! I loved the video and I loved your words and I love our precious Saviour who makes us ALL of these things and so much more.

    So blessed for having been here tonight.
    Thank you from the deepest part of my heart-
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. {tears} Just so beautiful. In Him I am treasured.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...