Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Celebrating the Season With Thankfulness


          One of my goals this Thanksgiving “season” is to become radically thankful. I refer to the holiday as a season rather than a day, because the single day passes quickly as we are often so busy that we are not mindful of the two components of the word: Thanks and Giving. To my surprise, I have discovered this is a difficult task to accomplish!

        Likely no one would assert that he or she is unthankful, but do we purpose ourselves to express that gratitude? I must admit that I’m at fault for placing the show of thankfulness as an assumption. By doing so I am missing out on valuable opportunities! The expression of gratitude creates a joyful spirit! I wish to find the good in life and to be satisfied with the many blessings God has bestowed upon me. This starts with actually recognizing and praising Him for all He has done in my life. God is so good! I simply must stop my busyness to take it all in. The second valuable opportunity I'm missing out on by assuming thankfulness is the impact I could be having on the lives of others. I wish to live beyond myself; to do more than to live according to my own agenda. One way to start is to simply express thankfulness for positive character qualities or acts of service displayed in others. I truly believe we would see a positive return for displays of kindness. I know from my own work experiences that a customer or patient that relayed to me genuine appreciation or a complement made my day. Share this along! We can each make a difference. Perhaps a little something to think on the next time we're stuck in a long check out lane. I certainly will!   

      For this year, I determined to create a "30 Days of Celebrating the Season with Thankfulness" activity. Some days it will be an area to recognize and express thankfulness. Other days, it will be an activity to grow gratitude in the heart. Updates will be posted through blog posts, Facebook page, or within the new photo calendar feature (second tab at top of screen).

         My challenge to you is this: take a moment to slow down and make this holiday purposeful!  So, if you're ready feel free to snag the image at the top or link back and join in creating an different kind of Thanksgiving- a radically thankful season!

Day 1: Photo found in the RevivingHomemaking Photo Calendar. I'm so thankful to have been given a venue through Etsy to express my creativity!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...